At Tranquil Waters Med Spa we use the Elta MD, PCA, and Skin Script skin care lines for facial treatment. These products were designed and developed under the direction of physicians and aestheticians to target the patient concerns or conditions such as aging, acne, clogged pores, fines line, age spots, melasma, hyperpigmentation, and rosacea. These products have an outstanding reputation for providing safe and effective results. We are proud to offer facials to patients in Gilbert, Chandler, Mesa, and the surrounding areas. These treatments from our trained esthetician are also a great option for gentlemen suffering from acne, clogged pores, age spots, or men who want to restore their youthful look and get rid of fine lines.
Our Esthetician at Tranquil Waters Med Spa will be happy to customize any of these procedures for your needs and help you with a home care regimen. Schedule a consultation with our skin care specialists to learn which treatment will be most beneficial for your skin. All our treatments begin with a careful analysis of your skin to ensure the most beneficial treatment for your skin type.
How is a facial done?
rior to your treatment your Tranquil Waters Med Spa esthetician will discuss your skin issues and what you want to get out of your facial. Then we move on to your facial. Here’s what will happen.
- Cleansing — The first step is a thorough cleansing of your face to remove any makeup.
- Skin analysis — Now that your makeup is removed, your esthetician will examine your skin to determine your skin type (dry, oily, combination, sensitive, or normal) and any skin conditions you have (acne, blackheads, whiteheads, aging, sun damage, dehydration, etc.). This guides your esthetician to the appropriate products and treatments she’ll use for your facial.
- Steam — Next, we want to open your pores and soften your blackheads and whiteheads. To do so we use a special steam machine that directs a thin vapor of warm steam across your face.
- Exfoliation — Now we remove dead outer skin cells and skin oils with exfoliation. This may be mechanical exfoliation with a gritty scrub or chemical exfoliation/peel that loosens the bonds between the skin cells. What we use for this step depends on your skin type.
- Extractions — This phase involves the removal of blackheads and whiteheads, if needed. Some patients don’t want this step.
- Facial massage — Your facial skin and muscles are massaged, stimulating blood flow.
- Facial mask — A mask that matches your skin type is applied.
- Final application — The mask is removed and your skin is lightly cleaned. An application of toner, serums, and moisturizer is the final step.
At the completion of your facial, which can be customized to your needs, our esthetician will discuss issues she found with your skin and different steps or products you may want to consider for your home skin care regimen.
Nicolle Kent MD, FRCPC is a Physician Trainer for “Inmode” training Plastic Surgeons and fellow MD’s throughout the Western and Midwest states on the specialized treatments of ACCUTITE, FACETITE, MORPHEUS 8, FRACTORA, and VOTIVA which are all available at our Med Spa!
Experience the difference by using these fine products we use every day and make available for purchase by our clients where we can recommend just the right product to meet your beauty needs.
Tranquil Waters Med Spa in Gilbert, AZ offers a full spectrum of spa services and minimally-invasive procedures for women and men. We carry the best facial products that are only available at professional Medical Spa establishments like ours.