Dermaplaning is the manual exfoliation by way of a surgical instrument (Scalpel) to superficially scrape away the upper most layer of dead skin, upper most portion of the Stratum Corneum, along with fine Vellus hairs ( Vellus Hairs is the fine, non-pigmented hair (a.k.a. “peach fuzz”) that covers the skin.)
Patients who have excess Vellus hair on the skin can create a buildup of dirt and oils in the follicles, so removing the hair results in a healthier looking skin.
POST TREATMENT CARE
Use a good sunscreen or sunblock while healing and avoid direct sun and heat which includes simple day to day tasks such as gardening, cooking over a hot stove for long periods of time, sitting next to a bonfire or fireplace.
Discontinue use of any AHA products for 72 hours or until skin is no longer flaking.
Use hydrating reparative products to encourage new healthy cell growth. Products such as Peptides Antioxidants, Stem Cells, Vitamins A, C and E all work well. Do not scratch or peel your skin. drink plenty of water and limit your exercise for the first week.
Nicolle Kent MD, FRCPC is a Physician Trainer for “Inmode” training Plastic Surgeons and fellow MD’s throughout the Western and Midwest states on the specialized treatments of ACCUTITE, FACETITE, MORPHEUS 8, FRACTORA, and VOTIVA which are all available at our Med Spa!
Experience the difference by using these fine products we use every day and make available for purchase by our clients where we can recommend just the right product to meet your beauty needs.
Tranquil Waters Med Spa in Gilbert, AZ offers a full spectrum of spa services and minimally-invasive procedures for women and men. We carry the best facial products that are only available at professional Medical Spa establishments like ours.
- Exfoliates the top layer of skin (Epidermis)
- Refines the surface of the skin and evens out the texture
- Helps to correct flaws
- Removes fine hairs
- Lightens appearance of pigmentation
- Thins and compacts Stratum Corneum
- Increases absorption of active products
- Thickens dermis
- Minimizes precancerous cells
- Improves acne scars
- Increases firmness and elasticity over time
- Skin becomes hairless
- Helps with fine wrinkles and acne scars
- Make-Up goes on smoothly and flawlessly
- Skin is brighter
- Helps with fine hairs which are difficult to treat with light therapy or laser treatments
- Dead skin cells and hair are shaved off, creating a smoother, brighter complexion.
- Can be done on pregnant women
- Allergy to the metal scalpel
- Small, fine cuts can occur in treatment
- Open wounds
- Stage 4 Rosacea
- Distended Capillaries
- Poor Wound Healing
- Fresh Scarring
- Cystic Inflamed Acne
- Thick Facial Hair (Men)